بسم الله و الصلاة السلام على رسول الله
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته
Here are some of the reasons:
1. Studying a concise history of Islam
Through the Seerah of the Prophet.
2. To develop the proper love of the Prophet
It is Ibaadah to love the Prophet more than ourselves and our parents. To love a person you need to know them more.
3. To follow the Prophet’s way
His Sunnah and his way of life.
4. Understanding the Qur’an
There are some ayaats that deal with events of the Prophet’s Seerah. Seerah gives us explanation of some of the suwar e.g. Surah Ahzaab.
5. His life illustrates the methodological stages of Islamic movements
The events that happened were not haphazard but divinely planned.
6. Studying Seerah is Ibaadah
When gathering to study the Seerah, it is a gathering of dhikr thus Ibaadah to Allah.
7. Developing a Muslim identity
To develop an Islamic identity two things are needed:
1) A strong study of Islamic history – (including the prophets, companions etc to develop love for them)
2) Be part of the global Ummah – (learn about our brothers and sisters around the world)
8. Studying the life of the Greatest
The prophet is the first among Michael Hart’s book on The 100 Greatest.
May Allah make us among those who study and implement the Seerah of our beloved in our daily lives, Ameen.
سبحانك اللهم و بحمدك أشهد أن لا إله إلا أنت أستغفرك و أتوب إليك