ZAKAT UL FITR
– Zakat ul-Fitr is an obligatory zakat that is due upon every free Muslim both young and old upon the completion of Ramadan.
– It is the duty of the husband to pay Zakal ul-Fitr on behalf of his family.
– The wisdom why it was ordained: • it is a Purification of those who fasted from excessive gossip, evil talk, and backbiting which people constantly fall into. So the charity is a purification and forgiveness for that.
• To help the poor so that eid will not come upon anyone needy or begging, and so they may enjoin the Muslims in their happiness and celebrations.
– Zakat ul-Fitr is distributed in food to ensure that the less fortunate are free to enjoy Eid festivities.
– It is not permissible to give Zakat ul-Fitr as money directly to the poor, but rather it needs to be distributed as food as ordered by the Prophet sallalahu alayhi wassalam.
– What you give must be something one can survive from. (Equivalent to 2.5 to 3kg per person)
– It is important to give it to someone trustworthy who will distribute the correct amount of food on your behalf.
– Zakat ul-Fitr MUST be paid before the Eid prayer.
– Zakat ul fitr should be given in the area you are a residing in the time eid occurs, unless there is an extreme circumstance that deprives you from that or there is no poor people in your area.
Please pay and remind others to pay Zakat ul-Fitr without delay and avoid leaving it till the last minute.
May Allah accept our fasting and standing in prayer during this month and alleviate the struggles of Muslims around the world. Ameen
Ina lilahi wa ina elayhi rajioon (To Allah we belong and to Him is our return)
Our dearest Great-Grandmother has left this world to reunite with her Lord.
“Oh Allah! Surely she is under Your protection, and in the rope of Your security, so save her from the trial of the grave and from the punishment of the Fire. You fulfil promises and grant rights, so forgive her and have mercy on her. Surely You are Most Forgiving, Most Merciful. [Ibn Majah, Abu Dawud 3:211]
The Messenger of Allah said: ” Seek Allah’s protection from the Punishment of the Grave, since punishment of the Grave is a fact/true” [At-Tabaraanee
Subhanallah! The eyes shed tears, the heart feels sad, but this our end, we will all return to our Lord. Lets reap what we can of the present so inshallah tomorrow we wont be disappointed when it is our turn to enter the grave. And like they say, the grave only fits one thus this should be enough to make us steadfast and hardworking in collecting the deeds that would make our journey easy.
The Messenger of Allah said: “Verily the grave is the first stopping place for the Hereafter; so if he is saved therein, then what comes after is easier than it. And if he is not saved therefrom, then that which comes after is harder.” [Tirmidhi]
May Allah accept all of us, and grant us noor in our grave and Jannatul Firdaws as our final destination.
May Allah forgive all the Muslims, our dead and those living. Ameen.
The Ummah today is suffering in un imaginable ways. Take a look around. However, it is quite sad how out of touch we have become, how desensitized we have become when we view or see the suffering around the world. Children are dying from bombs, shrapnel, killing and starvation, this is happening on a daily basis. Children, woman and the elderly suffer the most. It is quite sad how desensitized we have become when it comes to those suffering around the world. Children are dying of starvation every minute while we go away leftover food.
The following hadith from Rasulullah Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam tells us how we SHOULD behave:
Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) said: “The similitude of believers in regard to mutual love, affection, fellow-feeling is that of one body; when any limb of it aches, the whole body aches, because of sleeplessness and fever.”
Just take a look at when your finger, foot or any part of your body is pain, you wouldn’t be able to go to sleep. Your body may develop a fever while it tries to neutralise the pathogens in the infected area. Thus, when one part of your body is trying to fight the enemy, the whole body invariably gets involved in the process. The Prophet (PBUH) described the Ummah as one body! Subhanallah
May Allah help all those Muslims suffering around the world & give them patience!